Renowned for its comprehensive coverage, exceptional illustrations, and clear instructions, "Patternmaking for Fashion Design" offers detailed yet easy-to-understand explanations of the essence of patternmaking. Hinging on a recurring theme that all designs are based on one or more of the three major patternmaking and design principles-dart manipulation, added fullness, and contouring-it provides students with all the relevant information necessary to create design patterns with accuracy regardless of their complexity. Some innovative, new information in this book include: • Updated with modern, cutting-edge sketches and designs.
• DVD included in the back of the book.
• Ribbing added to the knit section of Chapter 27.
• More materials on children's wear and swim wear.
• Knock offs.
• Fitting corrections
• Advanced design projects
• A practical introduction to patternmaking
• Complete coverage of the three steps of design patterns: dart manipulation, added fullness, and contouring.
• Chapter projects
An essential reference for anyone involved in fashion design.